1. my baby has been miserable, has a fever, runny nose, ear infections, and who knows what else
2. I had to leave the gym early because Lexie was so miserable in the child care. They were very nice and they love Lexie so they only called me down from my workout so that I could make her a new bottle but of course I wasn't going to let my baby suffer and cry after she had seen me
3. all local grocery/convenience/drug stores are out of pain medication for infants due to the lame-o Tylenol recall by Johnson and Johnson (I guess the lack of Tylenol has led to a shortage of all other brands, even generic)
4. Tate has a field trip tomorrow to Crow's Nest Farm and I can't go with him because I will be home with my little girls but I did still have to go to the grocery store to be sure that everything for his lunch was "peanut-free" and that all of his containers are disposable. While I was at said grocery store I desperately had to use the restroom because of the gallons of water I consumed at the gym but had not had time to use the facilities before leaving with Lex, Tate, and Ruby. Consequently, I began to dance around in the isle while praying that my bladder wouldn't betray me. As I was digging my fingernails into my arm to confuse my brain into focusing on the pain and not the peeing---while still dancing around---I had to scramble to get Abbie out of the cart. It was at this time that she announced that she had taken her shoes off and that she needed me to refasten her sandals onto her feet. I didn't. I quickly lifted her out of the cart and we ran together to the bathroom. My bladder only kind of betrayed me, thanks a lot body after five kids.
5. I received a confirmation e-mail from Nordstrom's telling me that my order had been shipped to...Jessie, not me...thank you to the man at Nordstrom's customer service for calling UPS and rerouting my package to Texas
and worst of all, drumroll please...
6. Nelda Wells Spears, the tax assessor-collector for the county in which we live, is trying to stick us with $18,179.90 of property taxes for 2008----I guess she doesn't care that WE DIDN'T LIVE HERE then (and we paid the pro rata taxes for the 6 weeks during that year during which we actually owned our home at the closing)
note: written to the tune of muzak while on hold with the tax assessor's office